"I will donate £5 a month to become a Patron of TheyWorkForYou but only if 250 other people will donate as much or more on a regular basis, too."
— Tom Steinberg, Director, mySociety
Deadline to sign up by: 1st January 2010
144 people signed up, 106 more were needed
TheyWorkForYou.com does many good things, but we'd like it to do many more. We want to do things like:
* Add 'Future Business' of Parliament, upcoming votes and debates, with alert features.
* More information on MPs, including more on expenses
* More regularly update the pages which show how politicians vote from Public Whip (i.e. "This person voted moderately for X")
* Add new tools to help scrutinise for secondary legislation
* Add individal pages for each bill as it passes through Parliament
* Introduce a new feature showing which ministers haven't answered written questions
* Get ready for this summer's blockbuster constitutional revolution, currently promised by all parties
We need the funding to be ongoing because the business of running TheyWorkForYou never stops - there's always new data which needs fixing, new issues which are raised, new servers to buy and so on.
Tom Steinberg, the Pledge Creator, joined by: