You are reporting the following comment to the PledgeBank team:
Now that the pledge is fulfilled, what next ?
The Home Office have made a small Freedom of Information Act disclosure regarding the new Designated Area procedures:
"8) What is the minimum duration of a protest or demonstration before it falls under the new regulations ?
8. There is no minimum duration to a demonstration before it falls under the new provisions.
9) Will a short walk in and around the Parliament Square "Designated Area" entail getting prior permission from the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police if you happen to be wearing a "political slogan" T-shirt or badge ?
9. The definition of a demonstration is ultimately a matter for the courts.
14) Does a separate notification of a demonstration or protest have to be submitted for each and every day, or part of a day that it lasts ?
14. A separate notification needs to be submitted for each new demonstration, however long it lasts. However one letter could seek authorisation for more than one demonstration."
for more details see
http://ParliamentProtest.org.ukPeaceful Protestor, 13 years ago.