"I will Wear My Hair Natural & Promote Natural Hair Beauty Awareness but only if 2,000 other incredible people will do the same."
— Leola Anifowoshe, Founder of Pi Nappa Kappa
Deadline to sign up by: 1st December 2014
1,191 people signed up, 809 more were needed
This is our 2nd Pledge. The last pledge over 1,306 people signed up (306 over target). So we have extended it to include more people.
Pi Nappa Kappa, the World's 1st Natural Hair Sorority, is dedicated to the advancement of natural hair knowledge, preservation, tolerance and understanding.
We are not any type of "Greek" or any existing sorority. We are a unique, one of a kind, fun, friendly sorority "Sisterhood" that exists for educational purposes and to promote unity and tolerance of our natural hair.
In order to thrive and excel, this natural hair community must preserve the freedom of thought and expression of all its members. A culture of respect that honors the rights, safety, dignity and worth of every individual is essential to preserve such freedom.
By choosing to be members of this natural hair sorority "Pi Nappa Kappa", we pledge our respect for the standards of the Sorority and for the rights and well-being of all its natural members.
As a member of the Pi Nappa Kappa Natural Hair Sorority, I pledge that:
1. I am a smart, special, valuable person;
2. I respect myself and I respect others;
3. My words and actions are kind and honest;
4. I will respect the dignity and essential worth of all individuals;
5.I will promote the diversity of opinions, ideas, hairstyles and backgrounds which is the lifeblood of the sorority;
6. I will promote a culture of respect throughout the natural hair community;
7. I will not tolerate bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind;
8. I will practice personal integrity and expect it from others;
9. I will always be proud of my natural born hair;
10. I accept only my best in all I do.
I am PROUD to be ME and I EMBRACE Me Naturally!
Leola Anifowoshe, the Pledge Creator, joined by: