"I will meditate for seven minutes everyday but only if 7 other people will do the same."
— The 8 O'Clock Movement
Deadline to sign up by: 31st December 2011
32 people signed up (25 over target)
The 8 O’clock Movement (7 Minutes of Meditation)
Schedule: 8:00-8:07 p.m. in Manila, Philippines
Delhi, India – 5:30-5:37 p.m.
Guayaquil, Ecuador – 7:00-7:07 a.m.
Los Angeles, California, USA – 5:00-5:07 a.m.
London, England, UK – 12:00-12:07 p.m.
Queensland, Australia – 10:00-10:07 p.m.
Rwanda, South Africa – 2:00-2:07 p.m.
*** To check your equivalent local time, please visit the http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
We invite you to perform this simple practice for seven minutes every day, for a life of prosperity, protection, peace of mind, and bliss. This exercise also allows one to accumulate good karma and eliminate unnecessary bad fortune.
The Philippines needs 1,000,000 regular meditators who can adhere to the schedule to ensure peace, protection, and progress. As for practitioners in other countries, we invite you to join us for global peace, prevention of calamities like tsunami, earthquake, tornado, El Niño, La Niña, and other catastrophes.
Seven people practicing this together is tantamount to a hundred people practicing. Imagine what 1,000,000 will accomplish.
Should you wish to participate in the pledge, kindly provide your name and country of origin, and other contact information that you wish to share.
There are audio files that are available for download in Filipino and English that will help you perform the meditation. Please click on the corresponding links:
• Filipino version: http://vajrayanaorderworld.com/pledge/bu...
• English version (with alpha centering sound): http://vajrayanaorderworld.com/pledge/bu...
• English version (with Bach’s Air and Pacehlbel's Canon), please click here:
• English version (with water background), please click here:
Before you start, sit in a comfortable position. Relax and close your eyes. Take three clearing breaths to help silence the mind. And begin…
• Focus on your heart.
• Feel your heart to be the center of your being.
• See it as a brilliant ball of white light.
• Feel Joy; Vim, Vigor, Vitality; Peace, Power, Prosperity; Light, Life, Love; and Kindness (J-VPL-K).
• Let each of these attributes flood your entire being, until you become its epitome.
NOTE: It is important to feel each of the elements vividly instead of thinking it.
• Radiate it to your immediate surroundings, the whole community, until it reaches the whole country, the whole world, the universe, and the whole cosmic creation.
• Be sincere in feeling these emotions
• Stop your visualization
• Be passive and feel the beatings of your heart.
Then rise and continue with your usual routine for the evening/ day.
Tuwing alas otso ng gabi, sumabay sa ating Pitong Minuto para sa Pagbabago. Sumali sa pagkalat ng kabutihan at panlipunang kaayusan, sa pamamagitan ng pagbabago ng diwa at damdamin. Ang sabay-sabay na radiation ang siyang susi. Pitong tao na gumagawa nito ay kayang palaganapin ang pagbabago na katumbas ng lakas ng isang daang katao. Gawin na natin ang pitong minuto para sa pagbabago.
• Umupo ng kompurtable
• Ipikit ang mga mata at i-relax ang katawan at isip
• Ituon ang pansin sa sentro ng iyong katauhan.
• Damhin ang Saya (Joy), Kapayapaan (Peace), Harmony, Sigla (Vitality), Walang Hanggang Kabutihan (Infinite Goodness), Kapangyarihan (Power), Pagmamahal (Love) at Kabaitan (Kindness).
• Damhin itong dumadaloy sa bawat bahagi ng iyong katawan hanggang sa nag-uumapaw ka sa katangian.
• Tayo’y magpahinga at unti-unting ibukas ang mga mata.
The 8 O'Clock Movement, the Pledge Creator, joined by: